Last week A, Nana, and I hiked in the tundra out at pyramid peak valley. It was the most gorgeous day. Perfect weather. It was a great day.





This is one of my favorite places on the island. Amazing, amazing views. Feels like you can see for ever.





My mom had such a good time. Last time she was here it was winter, and while beautiful, you definitely can't go hiking out here...avalanche hazard LOL.













We saw tundra pups everywhere. They are so cute.

And then we saw this little guy. He was so unconcerned with what we were doing. He didn't even get up until I got within inches of him. He was just enjoying the warmth of the rare sun.

On the way home we headed for the overlook above the Russian Orthodox Church. It is the oldest one in the United States.






We were blessed with some absolutely beautiful days while my mom was here. She leaves tomorrow and my heart is heavy. I will miss her so much. I won't see her again until Christmas. That is the hardest part about living so far away from the rest of the world.


Blogger seems to be working well now, so I am going to try to upload some more pictures of her visit. Stay tuned. :)






































Comments