Some rambling thoughts :)

I'm heading to bed in a few minutes, but I want to apologize for not writing more recently. My mind has been heavy. I have been dealing with some personal issues during the past month that have made me withdraw into myself some. I started back on my zoloft and am hoping that will help me along.

I have been missing my mom, and my husband for he has been so busy these past few weeks. This is the busiest time of year for him and he has been under a great deal of pressure at work with deadlines and such. Also, he has been doing a lot of things for the first time in his career at this position and while he is accomplishing them, it is definitely stretching him. I know that God placed him in this position so that he can grow in so many aspects. I am growing to, learning to be patient and put his needs first. I am so proud of him and how hard he is working. I admire him so much, and I told him that when he returned home tonight. He had to go to the airport here at near 11 to pick up a med-a-vac team. Anyway, please pray that he can make it through the next few weeks without to much stress, and that I can give him the support he needs.

A and I started back to school this week and so far it has been great. We are easing back into it, and will really be back into gear the week after my in-laws visit, but these first 3 weeks are sort of a trial run to see how things go. I am incorporating a lot of Charlotte Mason ideas into our homeschool. Namely the short lessons, living books, and narrations, but we are also using montessori as well as waldorf ideas. With a profoundly gifted child I have to be creative LOL. But the short lessons seem to be going great. She can really focus on each task at hand and gets a ton done, were as normally while she is working in one thing her brain is also thinking of several other things and it slows her down. I think this will help train her to focus her attention when needed.

Anyway, I am tired and rambling, but I will definitely be trying to post more, and will try this week to get some more info up about what I hope homeschool will look like this year. Night all!

Comments