Close to death, survival, curtains, and crab????


Dh is back! We were so thrilled. The night before  a blizzard warning went into effect, but seriously not even a thing came of it and it was soon cancelled. So checked the roads in the morning and got up. They looked fine right out the front of my house at the top of the hill. So we decided to go....go where you might ask.... well only to the biggest even to hit this town in ages. 

The museum is opening there theater and and  are showing fairly now movies such as ARTHUR CHRISTMAS and the new BAT MAN

We had tickets for a special showing at 10 and the girls (A and her best friend L) we so excited that they even planned coordinating shits to wear LOL.

So at about 9:30 that morning I pick them up and we head down my hill. Everything is fine.....until.....we reach the curve. From there down it was black ice, I had no breaks, no control.,and a sheer mountain drop off on my left with no guardrails.

Somehow with the grace of God, after picking up speed going do about 500 ft of icy incline ,I miraculously was pulled by some force off the side of the road and landed in the Balloo's driveway.

The scariest moment of my life. I was very shaken up and so were my girls. Man I love them. We did eventually make it to thee show with just a few more mishaps, but it was worth it.

These kids never theater experience unless they travel off island. Real theater seats, popcorn, candy, drinks, big screen, it was amazing.

The road fortunately were better latter that afternoon and we we able to go pick DH up from the airport. We missed him so much.

But first.....while he was gone  I got into a nesting mood. I found some perfect fabric (a table cloth) and decided to get buy making some curtains for my dinning area.

I love the, The turned out great and were so easy to make, It helps the room look so put together and homey


So the day after DH got home and went to bed, we woke up to this. Thick, white, fluffy flakes blanketing to world in white. This is truly my favorite time of year.
 DH spent that day out crabbing and hunting,

Here's your change to see what about $700 worth of king crag looks like! YUMM

 Big suckers aren't they?
A long, fun weekend, but now back to normal life. I need to head to be as I am fighting a headache  Night to ALL

Comments