Happy birthday DH!

Today was Dh's birthday. We celebrated early though since he is in Anchorage this week. Saturday after our amazing day on the water, we headed home and A and I went to work on his cake. A waffled for a while between a halibut and a duck for his theme, but finally decided on "a duck, the kind with the green head." So Mallard it was. It took a while, but how blessed am I to get to see this out my kitchen window as I worked.

Why hello there bald eagle buddy. 


And the finished product, not bad for rushing through it since it was already 7pm by the time I started decorating it. LOL

Dad was very surprised. He loved the duck theme and knowing A decided on it made it even more special.

And what better present to go with a duck cake, then a book on the birds of Alaska. Dh has been wanting this for quite some time.

Happy birthday to the most amazing husband and father. I am so blessed to be your wife. Everyday my heart sings for joy as I watch you and A together. Knowing she has the type of father I never did fills me with happiness.



Comments