Being Geologists....and flower picking fun

Monday A and I woke up both with a little case of the sniffles. Nothing to bad, just a scratchy throat and such, definitely not enough to slow us down. (Unlike this today where we both were mowed down by a nasty summer cold and spent to day snuggling on the couch watching Tom and Jerry and in bed reading.) Luckily we had a lot of fun Monday, and will hopefully be back to our normal selves tomorrow.

We started off the day being geologists and excavating crystals. (I picked up this set while I was in Louisiana this spring, and A had so much fun)

The kit didn't include safty glasses, but after the dust irritated A's eyes a few times, she ran into the school room and grabbed a pair from one of her other science kits.
I didn't snap any pics of the crystals she mined, but there were 12 total. She's been carting them everywhere with her in a little leather pouch....including into the tundra to pic flowers with friends, which is where we headed later that afternoon.






For now I am off to bed, hoping my ear and nose will unstop enough to let me sleep.
Sigh

Comments

Tammy said…
And waaaay over here at the other corner of the country, we're sick with the crud, too.

Cold for me, strep for Drake, even my mom has a touch of it. Only Tony/husband has avoided the yuk.

Hope you feel better soon!
Send me some of those gorgeous flowers!