Ice cream social, v-day, and father daughter dance....lots of fun

Wow it's been a while since I have blogged....after saying I was going to be better at it too. Oh well. We've been busy here and I will try to catch up in the next few days, but for tonight I thought I'd share a bit of the activities we have been doing around town. 
This month was the annual Ice Cream Social. It's a fundraiser for our local preschool. There's always a huge turn out. I mean who doesn't love as much ice cream and toppings as they can eat right?

Events like these bring the whole town out.
A chowed down on several bowl fulls while dad watched in amazement. LOL
Of course this past Friday was V-day and A and I decided to make a cake. She had read in her highlights magazine how to make a heart shape cake using a square pan and one round pan. It worked great, and she had a lot of fun decorating it just the way she wanted.


That evening Dad took A and I out for our special valentine date. We went to the Grand and had a wonderful time. A was one of the only kids there and she was so well behaved. She ordered the cheese plate, a entree, and even was able to pick out a dessert.

Sunday the local PCR threw their second annual Father/Daughter Dance.
A has been looking forward to it all year. She had so much fun last year.
I snapped a pic of them before they left the house, and then I headed out to dinner with a friend who's husband and daughter were at the dance as well.
A loved dancing with her dad, but she didn't like the pictures being taken. LOL
They did the Limbo (even the dads), and the chicken dance. That was her favorite
A great time for the two of them.
The perfect special night.
Well I'm off for now. About to get A ready for bed, and the spend some time with DH before he leaves the island tomorrow for a week.
Night all.

Comments