Strawberry jam

I love spending time with A. Just the two of us. Little W was napping last week and A and I decided to make jam. Part of our homeschool life is taking joy in the everyday moments, creating experiences and memories, and learning skills to last a lifetime. The best thing is that I'm learning right along with her.

This week that experience was our first ever batch of Strawberry Jam. A did it all... from start to finish and it turned out WONDERFULLY!

She cut the strawberries, added the sugar, and the lemon juice...

and then mashed the strawberries using a potato masher. 

We brought it to a boil and then let it simmer for about 20 minutes till it was a jam consistency. Then I helped her pour into our jars that I had readied and the into the water bath they went.

Less than an hour from start to finish and we had 3 delicious jars of strawberry jam.


The perfect snack to end the day.


Comments

Tammy said…
Awesome! That looks delicious, I love toast and jam.
She is growing up so fast.